Humidifiers are generally more necessary during the winter, when atmospheric humidity levels are low and heating systems, which dry air out, are in use. Humidifiers have several benefits.
- Preventing dry skin in winter
- Soothing dry skin conditions, like dryness and itchiness
- Treating cold, flu and allergy symptoms
- Easing asthma
- And more, like preventing paint and furniture cracking or wallpaper peeling
Keep humidity in check
- Keep humidity levels under 50% to prevent mold and mildew buildup. If you live in a coastal or warm region, use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture from the air.
- Use a humidifier to help ease respiratory irritation caused by dry winter air. Steam humidifiers produce a pure, bacteria-free vapor to restore moisture to indoor air.
- Repair all leaks and cracks in your home.
- Make sure your home is properly ventilated to prevent moisture problems. If you have a newer home that is tightly sealed, install a ventilation system to replace stale, contaminated indoor air with fresher outside air.
- Have your heating and cooling equipment inspected to make sure there’s no buildup of moisture or contaminants. Now Heating and Air can help.
Getting a humidifier installed in your home is easy – and with NOW H&A, it is done right the first time. We give you fast, courteous, trustworthy and professional service at all levels. Call us now for a free estimate.